Why Google Data Studio May Be The Best Decision You Ever Make
As marketers, there is a data point to track just about anything we want, which is great news for improving marketing performance. Through data we track actions, content and channel effectiveness, conversion rates and more. Unfortunately, endless data stored across multiple platforms is almost impossible to consume on its own, let alone be able to recognize patterns, report findings and deliver insights to drive decision making.
How can you filter out the noise, focus on the few actionable data points that matter and present a more complete picture of multi-channel analytics in an easy-to-understand and impactful way?
We turn to Google Data Studio to transform raw data into custom, interactive reports and dashboards for better analysis and decision making.
The 3 common challenges facing marketing analytics:
- Consolidating reporting to capture how data from multiple channels or tactics are supporting digital objectives.
- Data filtering to eliminate noise and isolate the most impactful micro-moment, which drives decision making.
- Visual representations of data tables that provide insights and identify opportunities, making the data easier to understand.
Why you should use Google Data Studio to visualize your data today:
- It’s free
- Google Data Studio is now a free tool with the ability to create an unlimited number of customizable reports.
- It’s customizable
- Create single or multi-page reports on almost any canvas size required.
- Bring your data to life with bar, scatter and pie charts, line graphs, scorecards, geo maps and tables using custom dimension and metric combinations.
- Apply custom filters to distill data down to its most impactful metrics.
- Use formatting options and customize your reports to match your organization’s or client’s branding.
- Add images and text throughout your report to give insightful context to your data and identify optimization opportunities where needed.
- It pulls data from multi-channel sources
- Consolidate multi-channel reporting by connecting to multiple data sources in one report or dashboard. If required, this can include uploading things like offline/print media data.
- It’s interactive in “view” mode
- Hover over graphs and charts to reveal more data points.
- Use interactive channel, device, user type, geo and date filters to manipulate data on the fly and in presentations as needed.
- It’s built for collaboration
- Easy to share and collaborate with cross-functional team members in real time from anywhere.
- Share reports with anyone by sending them a link and assign “view” and “edit” permissions accordingly.
Next time you find yourself going cross-eyed looking at tables or wishing you could demonstrate how different channels work together, give Google Data Studio a try.
“Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.” — William Bruce Cameron, sociologist