Supercharge Your Sales Team: Keys to Salesforce Enablement
Digital technology has put buyers in the driver’s seat, fundamentally and forever changing the buying process. Customers now decide when, how and what they need to shape their purchase decisions. As a result, the role of the modern sales team has changed. In order to win today, sales teams need a new set of skills, tools and processes. We believe there are four key elements to supercharging your sales team: 1) Alignment, 2) Content, 3) Tools and Technology, and 4) Training.
Let’s Break This Down:
1) Alignment (on goals and strategy)
According to SiriusDecisions, companies with strong sales and marketing alignment generate 19% faster growth and are 15% more profitable. Today’s buyer expects a seamless online and offline experience, which requires more alignment between marketing and sales than ever before. Alignment starts with the fundamentals: Who is our audience? How will we reach them? And what outcome are we trying to achieve? Get these basics right, and you’re halfway there.
2) Content (that adds value)
The new currency of sales and marketing is utility – how are you helping me solve a problem or how are you adding value to my life? So much so that 74% of buyers choose the company that’s first to add value. Unfortunately, 65% of content created by marketing is never used by the sales team, which means 2/3 of the investment in marketing content is wasted. Content mapping is a critical step in building content that is relevant and useful to buyers in each stage of their buying journey. In each stage, we start by asking what problem the buyer has and how we might solve it.
3) Tools and Tech (to be more effective)
To really supercharge your sales team, you need the right mix of tools and technology. A few essential low-tech and high-tech tools include:
- Battle Cards: A compilation of easy-to-understand information for the sales teams to refer to during the sales process. If sales reps have stats, figures and other specific, substantive information to point to while combating potential customer objections, it’s more likely that they’ll be able to close deals. Battle cards are also a great way to help your organization ensure consistent messaging across sales and marketing teams.
- Sales Presentation Strategy: This strategy identifies the potential audience, objective, approach and key content for sales presentations. We then build out comprehensive presentations to save salespeople from wasting precious selling time building decks.
- Sales Enablement Platform: We believe that sales enablement technology is a necessity for sales teams today. While there are many options to help sales teams work smarter and faster, we’ve had great success with Showpad due to its user-friendly interface and how easily the platform integrates to CRM and MAS (marketing automation systems).
- Pipeline Management Tool: There are many plug-ins and add-on technologies that help salespeople be more effective. A favourite of ours is FunnelCake, which integrates with Salesforce and helps identify potential risks and prescribe actions to improve funnel health.
Salespeople need to develop a new set of selling skills: social selling. Social selling is about leveraging your social network to find the right prospects and build trusted relationships to influence buying decisions. 65% of salespeople who use social selling fill their pipeline, compared to 47% of reps who do not. In order to win, sales teams need to master four essential social selling skills: 1) create a professional online brand, 2) identify the right prospects, 3) connect with prospects and 4) build trust relationships through engaging content.
“Great things are done by a series of small things done together”
– Vincent van Gogh
Relentlessly pursue these four keys and you will supercharge your team by creating a powerful sales ecosystem within your organization.
Marketing in 2018 & Beyond: Practical Ways to Stay Ahead
It’s never been more challenging for progressive marketers to keep pace with the ongoing changes happening within both B2C and B2B marketplaces. There are...Read More
Our Digital Game Just Got Even Better
We acquired Rainforest Digital to give clients a wider range of digital marketing solutions and increased strategic expertise in SEM, social media, SEO and...Read More
Salespeople, it gets better.
I think it’s safe to say the traditional sales approach is having a bad decade. In fact, roughly 40% of salespeople people say getting...Read More